Saturday, December 31, 2011

Which to Watch on New Year's Eve?

{photo thanks to people.com}
Is Blake Shelton, Mr. 2011 himself, enough to get you to tune in to NBC instead of FOX tonight?

If you're like me this thirty-first, you're skipping the hundred dollar Hollywood cover charges and staying in with family and friends and a whole lot of bubbly.  So the next question is, without sounding too crass, which ball do we watch drop!?  We have dreamy Blake over on NBC with Carson Daly, but FOX's all country line-up includes darling DJ Tanner look-alike Lauren Alaina "live" (whatever that means) from Las Vegas, so what's a girl to do?

{photo thanks to laurenalainasite.com}

Obviously Blake's got to represent the network that's helped make him a household name north of the Mason-Dixon line and Lauren Alaina owes everything to American Idol's home network, so who's the tie-breaker here?  The Eli Young Band (pictured below), that's who!  Let me tell you about the Eli Young Band.  They sing Crazy Girl which I have already decided is going to be my wedding song.  I called it suckas--don't even think about it!  It's pretty much like, the best song in the world. The only thing that could make it better is if dreamboat and a half Keith Urban sang it.  Or wait, Darius Rucker! You all know how I feel about my Darius...
{photo thanks to theboot.com}
Anyway, the moral of the story is I can tune into Blake and CeeLo over on NBC any old night, so my vote is for Darius.  I mean the Eli Young Band.  I mean FOX.  For a complete guide to the country-at-midnight craze, check here.

Happiest of new years to you all, my lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment